Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Teatro Goldoni (DC)

My boyfriend and I came here for lunch. The food was surprisingly good, but the service was a bit sketchy.

We had the burrata & peppers, the amaretto butternut squash soup, the chicken "parmigiana", and the capellini pomodoro. The burrata was just okay-- it was a tad bit too salty and it came with this tasteless green cylindric creamy/gelatinous thingy on the side. I have no idea what it was. I thought it was some sort of liquid nitrogen thing but the texture wasn't hard at all. Maybe it was an olive spread or something? Unclear. Anyway, the burrata mozzarella portion was HUGE. Definitely no skimping on the portions! The soup was kind of uninspiring and lukewarm. But it did come with tiny duck filled raviolini, so that was winning. The entrees were much better-- my chicken "parmigiana" was as big as my face and topped with mozzarella cheese and EGGPLANT. I think the eggplant explains why "parmigiana" was in scare quotes. When I asked the waiter about the scare quotes, he said it was because there was a side of spinach included. But I think he was just confused. The pomodoro pasta was certainly above average and very filling.

Rating: 3 of 5 spoons!

No comments:

Post a Comment