Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Al Tiramisu (DC)

I am so FULL. Today has been a very Italian day. And I am stuffed to the gills with carbs.

Al Tiramisu is the real deal. Tom (my boyfriend...what am I kidding, anyone who could possibly be reading this knows that's the case) & I ordered the parma & mozzarella, mushroom risotto, veal ragu & fettuccine, and of course, at a place called Al Tiramisu, we ordered tiramisu! Everything was delicious. The portions were so generous that I took leftovers home (a rarity for me). So much parma-- and they split it between Tom and I without us even asking. The risotto was exceptionally creamy (though maybe a bit too al dente). The ragu was super savory and flavorful. The tiramisu was probably the best I've had (absolutely dripping in liquor, but not in an overpowering way at all) and gorgeously plated. The food alone deserves five spoons, unfortunately the space is a bit small and cramped. We were pressed up against a really obnoxious table of 8 or so. They had obviously drank quite a few bottles of wine and were demanding that the stranger at the table behind them give a "birthday speech" after they found out it was her birthday. Some guy at the table kept loudly talking about reading Moby Dick (show off). And there was general mayhem with the pounding of the table.

Despite the cramped space and loud patrons, I definitely recommend this place. A word to the wise though-- wines by the glass are extremely limited. Most wines are bottle only.

Rating: 4 of 5 spoons!

2 comments:

  1. My eight relatives just ate there for lunch yesterday....awkward.

    P.S. You've just earned a spot on my favorited websites at the top of my screen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"m really enjoying your posts Marisa! I vote you get a good camera and start taking pics of your food though - nom!

    ReplyDelete